At Capital Kids DC, the classroom is anywhere your child goes. Typical classroom activities include:
- Classroom community meal and snack times which reinforce predictable routines and opportunities to express independence.
- Learning songs as well as participating in story time and finger plays.
- Sensory and and art activities tied to a weekly and monthly theme.
- Outdoor play in the green spaces and parks that border the school.
- Center play activities with developmentally appropriate toys and materials
Our classroom communities are built around promoting each child's physical, social-emotional, and cognitive health and growth. Capital Kids DC is designed to be a place of fun, engagement, and learning for your child! To learn more about each classroom, click here.
A peek inside the classroom!
(Additional fees apply)
Little Hands Music
Bringing out the song in every child!
Little Hands is an award-winning program offering music and movement classes to children and families in the Greater Washington DC area. You have many choices for your child’s activities and Little Hands is one of the best choices you can make. We dance, sing, play instruments, tell engaging stories, and much more!
Excite Soccer is a fun loving educational soccer program for children ages 2 1/2 and up. Children are encouraged to develop their mental, physical, and social abilities through creative soccer games and other activities taught by highly experienced staff. Participants learn individual skills, teamwork, and most importantly have fun! We emphasize mastering basic coordination and agility with and without a soccer ball, as well as providing an environment that builds confidence.